Controlaccount Logo

Enter account details


Frequently Asked Questions

+ I want to pay but can't afford to pay in full. What do I do?
If you are unable to pay in full but would like to set up a repayment plan then please call and speak with one of our operators or click here to manage your account online. We are happy to liaise with our client in relation to any proposal of repayment made. Please quote your full name and address and the reference on your letter in any correspondence.
+ Why have I been contacted?
We have contacted you to recover an outstanding debt, or we have been commissioned to locate you to enable our client to re-establish contact with you. If you think we have contacted you in error please call us on the number supplied on the correspondence.
+ When and how can I contact you?
We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm. You can contact us by calling our office on the number supplied on the correspondence you have received or click here to manage your account, where you can request a call back.
+ How do I know if my online payment has been successful?
Once your payment has been processed, a message will appear on screen to confirm the payment has been successful. If successful, you will be provided with an authorisation code. You can contact a member of our team on the number supplied on your correspondence, should you require any further assistance.
+ Is any information I enter on this site secure?
Yes, Controlaccount plc uses fully PCI compliant technology to ensure your data is secure.
+ I have asked a debt advisor to deal with my debts so what do I do about your
You should pass a copy of our correspondence to your advisor who can then contact us on your behalf.
+ I don't owe this debt, what should I do?
If you believe that you do not owe the outstanding balance, please contact us on on the number supplied on your correspondence to enable us to investigate.
+ What happens if I ignore your letters?
Ignoring our letters could lead to further action to recover the outstanding amount. It is important you make contact with us so we can work with you and help you find a solution to bring your account up to date. If you do not owe the money, you need to tell us as soon as possible.
+ The person named on the letter does not live at this address, what do I need to do?
Please telephone us on on the number supplied on your correspondence to let us know.
+ How is Controlaccount plc regulated?
Controlaccount is a member of the Credit Services Association (CSA), which is the industry's trade body. We comply with their Code of Practice, and ensure that all customers are treated fairly. We are also accredited to the ISO 9001:2008 quality standard, and members of the Federation of European National Collection Associations (FENCA)..
+ When I telephone your office, I am asked for details such as my full name and address
before you will discuss the account with me. Why do I have to give you this
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we have an obligation to protect personal data. We have to make sure we are speaking to the correct person before we can discuss an account.
+ Do you record telephone calls?
Yes, all telephone calls are recorded, so we can ensure we are offering a quality service to our callers.
+ If I am not happy with the service I have received from you, what can I do?
We pride ourselves on a professional approach. It is important to tell us if we have fallen below the standards expected of us. Controlaccount plc, Compass House, Waterside, Hanbury Road, Bromsgrove B60 4FD quoting your Reference Number and the details of your complaint. We will aim to respond to you within 7 days and resolve your complaint within 28 days. Complaints cannot be taken via telephone.
+ What about my credit file with credit reference agencies?
Controlaccount plc does not have access to amend your credit file with any credit reference agency. The only time your credit file will be affected is if legal proceedings are required to recover outstanding amounts at which time a County Court Judgement may be lodged against you. They will update your credit file accordingly to reflect whether the debt is outstanding or cleared. Information relating to debt stays on your credit file for 6 years from the date of the original default with the creditor. Your credit file will be used by lenders when making future lending decisions.
+ I need help with my finances who can I contact?
If you are struggling financially and are unable to pay your debts you are able to get free advice. If you wish to speak to someone who can assist you then you can call one of the following organisations. They are all able to offer you free impartial advice on your financial position.

Step Change Debt Charity (formally CCCS) Tel: 0800 138 1111

National Debtline Tel: 0808 808 4000

Citizens Advice Bureau Tel: 08444 111 444

Christians Against Poverty Tel: 01274 760720

Data Protection Act (DPA)
Controlaccount has a Security and Data Protection policy, along with a formal Data Privacy Notice, that is regularly updated and maintains ISO 27001 accreditation in Information and Security Management. For the purposes of information regarding the subject of collection the Client is considered the data controller and Controlaccount is considered the data processor. In respect of any information relating to the Client, Controlaccount is considered the data controller. The policy and privacy notice covers how data is processed and handled together with the extent of its responsibility in respect of its clients and suppliers in accordance with the Data Protection Act, GDPR, or any subsequent legislation, and under the guidance issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details are available via our Standard Terms & Conditions and our Privacy Notice.

©2014 Controlaccount Plc. Compass House, Waterside, Hanbury Road, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire B60 4FD
t: + 44 (0) 1527 882 900 f: + 44 (0) 845 680 8746 Disclaimer | Accessibility | FAQ